Thursday, November 12, 2009

Quick Write- The White Rose

Like many of the students in our class, The White Rose article really stands out to me. I can relate to it not only because Hans, Sophie, and Christoph are of similar age as us, but because of their rebellious actions. As I mentioned in class, I believe we are living in an age where rebellion and "individuality" is adhered to greatly. We all like to think we are different, we all like to think we stand up for what's right, and we're not just doing things because it is the "norm." These are values the members of The White Rose truly believed in.

Reading this article makes me thankful for what I do have; freedom of speech. I have the right to legally state what I believe in, share it with other people, and the opportunity to overturn an act that I believe to be unethical.

1 comment: